Description
Objects

Telšiai

3.5 km

The town of Telšiai was developing quickly during the interwar period. The opening of the new railway line in Samogitia region in 1932 brought the development further. Industrial growth and abundance of cultural initiatives took place in this town, which was the capital of the region. The rapid growth during the interwar period left a legacy in a form of a network of modernist buildings throughout the Telšiai county- the Roman Catholic Diocese of Telšiai, Telšiai Trade School, the whole town centre and other objects. One of the most important objects was Motiejaus Valančiaus gymnasium which was established in 1918. It was a long awaited event for both the local community and the students who previously took shelter in two unfit buildings, even though they were taught by legendary writers Vydūnas and Šatrijos Ragana.

Telšiai

3.5 km

The town of Telšiai was developing quickly during the interwar period. The opening of the new railway line in Samogitia region in 1932 brought the development further. Industrial growth and abundance of cultural initiatives took place in this town, which was the capital of the region. The rapid growth during the interwar period left a legacy in a form of a network of modernist buildings throughout the Telšiai county- the Roman Catholic Diocese of Telšiai, Telšiai Trade School, the whole town centre and other objects. One of the most important objects was Motiejaus Valančiaus gymnasium which was established in 1918. It was a long awaited event for both the local community and the students who previously took shelter in two unfit buildings, even though they were taught by legendary writers Vydūnas and Šatrijos Ragana.

Telšiai Žemaitė School Šviesos g. 15, Telšiai The Building Kęstučio g. 3, Telšiai Telšiai Theatre Respublikos g. 18, Telšiai Bishops’ Palace Katedros a. 5, Telšiai Telšiai Crafts School Muziejaus g. 29, Telšiai
Your comment

Send
Comment successfully added